Monday, 17 October 2016

Critical Dumplings

I've just had a conversation with an A'level student where she wished to discuss, light, heavy and critical dumplings.  I asked her if she meant light, heavy and critical damping and she remained adamant that she wished to discuss dumplings not damping. I felt like I was going pleasantly insane,

But it was damping that she meant, she just couldn't see the word as it was written.  And there I was just about to launch into a talk about how heavy Czech dumplings are, how to make a good suet dumpling and the difficulty of trying to get hold of good Chinese dumplings in Blighty.

The world is full of misread words.... and blogger is the place for them to congregate.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I have just marked some work which referred to dialectic materials ..... I resisted seeking out pictures of Hegel and Marx to use as my next lesson starter ....