It is a good time of year. Impossible, seemingly hopeless situations dissolve and joy bubbles up in most unexpected ways and all for the greater glory of God. And even when we don't have clue what is going on, often through the mundane and the seemingly normal routine of everyday life, miracles are being worked.
God rules in the midst of His enemies (Ps 109). Never forget that. Then get on with offering your sacrifice of praise...
My patrons have feast days coming up. What St Rita and St Philip say especially, which seem so relevant to the craziness around us, are the following things:
- be generous hearted and have time for all people
- seek peace in your own life and in your own affairs
- mortify your sense of reason, don't be always trying to think too hard about stuff
- desire the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- give yourself a spiritual healthcheck and meditate on how the Fruits of the Holy Spirit are manifesting themselves in your own life.
- Don't give the devil any wriggleroom.
- Abhor sin and strive for virtue
- pray generously and lightheartedly.
- Trust God.