Tuesday, 21 May 2013

The Impossible and the Hopeless

Funny old days, these. 

It is a good time of year. Impossible, seemingly hopeless situations dissolve and joy bubbles up in most unexpected ways and all for the greater glory of God. And even when we don't have clue what is going on, often through the mundane and the seemingly normal routine of everyday life, miracles are being worked.

God rules in the midst of His enemies (Ps 109).  Never forget that.  Then get on with offering your sacrifice of praise...

My patrons have feast days coming up. What St Rita and St Philip say especially, which seem so relevant to the craziness around us, are the following things:

  • be generous hearted and have time for all people
  • seek peace in your own life and in your own affairs
  •  mortify your sense of reason, don't be always trying to think too hard about stuff
  • desire the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
  • give yourself a spiritual healthcheck and meditate on how the Fruits of the Holy Spirit are manifesting themselves in your own life.
  • Don't give the devil any wriggleroom.
  •  Abhor sin and strive for virtue
  • pray generously and lightheartedly.
  • persevere
  • Trust God.
Blessed be God in His angels and in His saints! 

Must get back to my ironing.  Doing the mundane and seemingly innocuous things of life are actually very powerful weapons for us against the darkness, provided they are done prayerfully.  My lack of blogging has been due to my crazy job and my ironing endeavours.... My mother has started calling me Mrs Tiggy-Winkle, however I wish to assure my reader that I am in good shape spiritually and of very good cheer and that my prayers for you continue.


1 comment:

Robert said...

I like your list. I might add, at least for my own benefit, "Do not hurry, hurrying is the enemy of patience and peace of soul." I get impatient far more often when I am rushing to do something.

I can see the attraction of ironing. I can see it as a potentially very peaceful activity.

Thank you for this post. You and your loved ones are always in my prayers!