Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Happy Feast of the Assumption.  I love this Feast so much, it is nice just to soak it up and not make any comment on it myself, because whatever I say will be rubbish.

 Hodie Maria Virgo caelos ascendit: gaudete, quia cum Christo regnat in aeternum.

Sorry I haven't been blogging.  I've been in and out of hospital and feeling pretty grotty.  When I have good times, which do come along quite frequently, the last thing I want to do is blog.  I really don't know how I'll get through next term, I do feel very enfeebled.  We are working towards a diagnosis.

The consultant has compared me to a laptop computer with one of two faults; either the battery back-up is knackered or some internal diagnostic is telling the processor the battery is knackered when it isn't and this is causing mayhem. By September 3rd we'll hopefully know which one it is.  Though why I can't be permanently plugged into the mains, I'm not quite sure.


4 comments:

mum6kids said...

It's exhausting not knowing what's going on.
What will you do if you can't get through next term? Do you have a safety net?
I hope you get some answers soon and a really good genuine medic who will try and get on top of whatever is happening to you.
Lots of prayers.
God bless

Rita said...

Hello Michelle,

I'm not sure I have a safety net. Without a diagnosis I have to rely on goodwill at the school where I work, and if I have to reduce my hours much, that goodwill may evaporate. I've been relying on goodwill for about 4 years already. I don't want to stop working, but I may have to.

Hey ho. Let's pray for a diagnosis, it will be a start.

You and yours remain in my prayers,
xxx

Robert said...

Rita
Very cute picture. It may be best to not have a safety net. I find that God likes to wait until the very last minute. He likes to string us along, stretch our capabilities, stretch our faith and trust. He knows how far we can go without breaking, but he wants us to see it, and to see that he is faithful and will do what is best, especially when what he knows is best is not what we think is best. You're very much in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Rita said...

Robert,

Wise words, I think you speak from experience...

Prayers as ever,