Friday, 13 May 2011

It has taken me a while to get here, but I now have to report the news to you that my husband, Paul died at 9.20 pm on Tuesday 10th May. I humbly ask now that you pray for the repose of his soul.

It was a good death. It was a beautiful death. I wake up every morning and cry because I cannot believe I was able to participate in such an outpouring of grace. Perhaps one day I'll write in more detail, but not now.

Actually, I implore you too to pray for a happy death as he did every night. It is such an important thing to do.

If I could, on my own testimony, raise Bl John Henry and my dear Bl Elizabeth of the Trinity to be amongst the canonised saints, I'd do so now. They have worked miracles for us in the last few weeks.

I also give thanks to God for your wonderful prayers and support. This is the real power of blogging, and never let us forget that.

************

Well my dear St Rita, I'm a widow now like you, what ever next .....?

15 comments:

Autumn said...

Dear, dear Rita. My prayers are with you and also with Paul. May God carry you through this grief as tenderly as He has carried you through Paul's illness. I shall pray a decade of the Rosary for you both every day.
My love, prayers and condolences are winging their way through cyberspace to you, my dear friend.
God bless you, always...Autumn xx

Anagnostis said...

With the saints give rest, O Christ, to the soul of your servant; where there is neither sorrow nor sickness nor sighing, but life everlasting...Requiescat in pace

May Our Blessed Mother wrap you in her mantle, dear Rita.

Ttony said...

Dear Rita, please be assured of my prayers, and I'll be on to ACN to have a Mass said for Paul.

Richard Collins said...

Eternal rests being said for him and prayers for you also.

Rita said...

Thank you, all of you.

God Bless

Dorothy said...

I will remember your husband in my prayers, and will pray for you too. God bless you and comfort you.

Gail said...

Dear Rita,
Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may your light shine on him.
May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
I promise to pray for your dear husband.
Gail

la mamma said...

May God's angels lead him into paradise.

You are both in my prayers.

Sharon xx said...

May God bless you Rita and comfort you in your hour of need. May Paul be caught up in the light of God's glory and may peace eternal be his xx.

Much love

Sharon xx

Robert said...

Dear Rita
I am very sorry for your loss, but very happy for Paul's holy death, and that you are able to see that. You both have been in my prayers, and will continue to be in my prayers. I hope for the very best for you.

Ches said...

Send you our condolences and assuring you of our prayers

Brian and Lizzie.

PS I have asked for prayers on my own blog.

ukok said...

Rita,

I've not been present at all in the blogosphere since my Dad passed away and it was my mum who alerted me to your blog post.

My heart goes out to you and i will certainly pray for your beloved husband, Paul. May his memory be eternal.

You as ever, remain in my thoughts and prayers.

May you be comforted in your sorrow, by the sure knowledge that your husband is now at peace and no longer suffers.

Love

Deb x

berenike said...

I am so sorry for your loss, though glad for what you write about how it happened. Prayers.

mum6kids said...

Lots of prayers for you and Paul at this time.
Do you still live at Berry Hill?
I have that address but had a feeling you had moved.
Can't find another address though.

Tom in Vegas said...

Just now learning of this. So sorry to hear of your loss. So, so sorry.