Sunday, 25 July 2010

What profit is there in my blood...

I won't be online for about a week. Time once again to go stay in hospital and be a human pincushion (no food, just water for 3 whole days). Let's hope they do it properly this time and get some meaningful results.


J Gillray (London 1804)

I'm hoping the doctors involved are a little more skilled than the last lot. 7 attempts to get a cannula into my arm is not acceptable. Not that it's used to take any samples, the cannula is in case I go hypo and they have to get some glucose into me fast.

Me no like.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Despite doing regular hospital visiting, I don't think I could cope with one attempt to insert a cannula ... So I think you are very brave!

Tom in Vegas said...

Good luck to you, Rita. I will pray for you.

mum6kids said...

Rita,
I truly hope that having gone through such an ordeal there are at least some answers.
While I know "modern" medicine doesn't have nearly as many answers as some doctors might have us think- I feel sure that with a bit more thought and attention paid to the PERSON who has the illness, that more answers could be found.
I am tired of medics who can't see anything that doesn't show up on a machine in big neon colours.

PS. I've been muttering about this for a while over cancer research. I am sure they would make more headway if they stopped peering at cancer and started looking closely at people with or who have had cancer.

Robert B. Heath said...

Rita, you will be in my prayers. I hope you will get the answers you are looking for. God bless you.

Ttony said...

Maybe prayers to St Sebastian ... !

Maybe just prayers, but them at least diligently. Do get well and keep us out of mischief.

catholicconvert said...

I will be praying for you Rita. May your hospital stay prove beneficial and your practitioners and other staff efficient and knowledgeable and compassionate.

God Bless you!