Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Of beads and Bishops...

Update: Sitemeter tells me only 1 in 40 of your are clicking on the link for the Rosary for Bishops......oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......you can't even be bothered to check it out and see if it is bona fide. Dear Reader, are any of us reading what the other is writing? What is the point in this blogging lark?

BTW: on my other campaign..this year so far, 2 Bishops met and 2 episcopal rings kissed.





You may have noticed a new addition to my sidebar, a link to a site that encourages us to say a rosary for the Bishop of our choice. You can choose to say it daily, weekly or monthly, and they will remind you by e-mail when your rosary is due. At present the UK Bishops only have a handful of bead bidders praying for them....MAKE A DIFFERENCE, make your pledge and get promoting this on your blogs.

click on the picture below to find out more
Rosary for the Bishop

You may not share my obsession with the holiness of our Bishops, but you have to admit this is very important.

On the subject of the priesthood in general, can I encourage you to read Ad Catholici Sacerdotii (1935) by Pope Pius XI. Here is a flavour of its content: very wise words...

A last tribute to the priesthood is given by the enemies of the Church. For as We have said on a previous page, they show that they fully appreciate the dignity and importance of the Catholic priesthood, by directing against it their first and fiercest blows; since they know well how close is the tie that binds the Church to her priests. The most rabid enemies of the Catholic priesthood are today the very enemies of God; a homage indeed to the priesthood, showing it the more worthy of honor and veneration.

2 comments:

Ben Trovato said...

Rita

I hadn't clicked the link because i say a rosary daily and don't really want my inbox clogged up with automated emails reminding me to do things I've done...

That doesn't mean:
a) I didn't read the post
b) I don't think the rosary is important
c) I don't think praying for our bishops is important...

Perhaps others didn't for similar reasons?...

Anonymous said...

@Ben: the email reminders are completely optional, and easy to decline