Monday, 12 April 2010

It's life, Jim....

I feel like this...



mentally and physically I have the robustness of one of these....



I've finally got some treatment...



But all round the doctors are as much use as a....




But I am learning something quite profound in all this. Optimism and hope are as far away from each other as earth is from heaven. (Something the Church has been learning painfully over the last 40 years) There is simply no room for optimism in any of this, but the Lord is my strength and my hope.

OK, pedants, I know that once we get to heaven only Love survives of the 3 theological virtues, as Faith and Hope become redundant. All I know is that Hope is heaven sent and has nothing whatsoever to do with optimism....

5 comments:

Ttony said...

I hope that the knowledge of prayers from friends offers at least a bit of consolation.

Rita said...

It certainly does!

Thank you and God Bless.

ukok said...

May God in his abundant goodness, continue to hold you up, even when you do feel like that sponge cake!

Molly said...

This is my first time visiting your blog. I've really enjoyed it.

I also have a picture of St. Rita at the top. :)

Rita said...

Thanks for dropping by Molly.