Saturday, 20 February 2010

Meanderings

There are some little things in life that can fill me with dread. Finding a big hairy spider in the shower, having to shop for clothes, filling the car with petrol.....strange thing is, none of these things are a bad when they actually happen, I just work myself into a lather, wondering when I'll have to face up to them.

Another dread has been the Magic Roundabout in Swindon. Since hearing about it I've said a little, silly prayer, "please may I never have to negotiate this, Lord, Please". Well, guest what, today, I had to take my husband to Swindon and I had to negotiate this monstrosity. And guess what. It isn't too bad.



Prayers have a funny way of being answered so that we face our dreads head on, but with strength. It juts makes me laugh to realise that God actually cares about my silly little dreads and helps, even over the most inconsequential of things.

5 comments:

Ttony said...

Why on earth should having to negotiate something that looks like a manic enginist's vision of a crop circle not fill you with dread?

Why was this built? It is a game played by town planners who don't care about drivers or the people who live by roads: look at where the houses are?

It's them - not you!

Joe said...

Here in Romford we have to negotiate a roundabout called Gallows Corner ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallows_Corner

Rita said...

Town planners have so much to answer for. You can just picture them with their model streets, playing with their little toy cars and imagining what fun we'd all have due to their inventions.

The other nasty one is the one in Hemel Hempstead...but at least that has clear markings and some greenery.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I posted a different Magic Roundabout!

Rita said...

Jackie,

I saw your Magic Roundabout! LOL