Monday, 6 April 2009

Fire

The Poor Clare Sisters in N. Wales have just sent their e-mail newsletter out to those like myself who subscribe to it. In it they describe Holy Week as the "Week of Fire". I like that, and this year it seems particularly poignant.

Pray for the souls of those who have died recently.

Please pray also for Fr Nicholas Schofield and Philip who have both lost their fathers recently.

Pray also for Tom who has recently lost his grandmother.

Pray too for my husband, he is suffering much at the moment, but his Faith is strong, his demons are spiteful and peeved.

Pray too for his mother. She is fading away in hospital, it is almost a relief she seems to be in the 1930s most of the time, working in the cardroom of the local mill like she did before she married. The reality is undignified and deeply frustrating.

I too am in need of your prayers. I have had Lupus-like symptoms for the last month, affecting both my physical and mental wellbeing. A barrage of tests has yet to come up with a diagnosis...I'm of the opinion it is just a lenten thing, it will pass but it is very unpleasant, it takes me ages to do anything and it is a real penance to feel so separated from my brain. Conversations involving more than one person are a real struggle, I start drifting towards "sleepytime". I'm rather grateful for blogger world, it allows me to communicate at my own speed and unlike real life there is a "backspace" key.

God Bless all my readers. Have a good Holy Week, you are in my prayers.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are in my prayers. x

irene said...

We pray especially for your medical cross -- when the doctors say "lupus-like" it usually means they really are stumped, and I realize you face a long gaunlet of testing. Even then, it is quite likely your will end up without the comfort of a definate diagnosis.

Of course that is all a phantom, because we both realize where the real comfort comes from.

We pray also for your peace as your mother slowly recedes from you. Again, comfort comes from knowing she soon shall have repose.

mum6kids said...

Prayers offered. Holy Week is indeed a fire. I hope the 'lupus' thing is just for Lent.
Have a holy Triduum and a wonderful Easter.
God bless

ukok said...

I will remember the intentions here mentioned, in my prayers. I pray that the Lord's will be done but that if it can be so, please Lord let it not be lupus.

Mrs.Pogle said...

Praying for you!

dillydaydream said...

Consider Henoch Schoenlein's Purpura in the testing as well. I was tested for lupus, but it transpired it was Henoch. Like Lupus, you get the rash, joint pains, kidney problems. And in spite of what some say, it does occur in mature women, though rare. It comes and goes a few times, but eventually gets less and less severe.

Rita said...

Thanks dillydaydream!

I do strangely trust my doctors, I just wish they could work a bit faster....