Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Lunchtime reading

I've been musing that we don't spend enough time digesting the words of our Holy Fathers. Surely their writings are as important (if not more important) that those of many saintly theologians? The Popes should speak to us with the authority and lucidity that comes from Christ through Peter. Many of their writings cover timeless issues(like the nature of the priesthood)and should not be forgotten.

Well my lunchtimes are spent now on the Vatican website. I'm currently immersed in the writings of Pius XI and finding them very uplifting and relevant. I'll write more when I've digested more.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Since no one else had anything to say:

Casti Connubii (1930)
Mit Brennender Sorge (1937)
Humani Generis Unitas (1938-9, never signed)