A quizzy thing found on Mac's blog and open to all. I've just done it cos it was a deep trawl through my past which has steadily become more and more repetitive and respectable...I should get out more.
1. President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963
I was not born, but my mum was atop a bus in Dublin having just come back from the pictures (an Elvis film she says).
2. England's World Cup Semi Final v Germany - 4 July 1990
Slightly the worse for alcohol in a rented flat in Rochdale.
3. Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990
In a public house in the Leith docks nr. Edinburgh, the pub had the legend on the door "Belgian sailors welcome" and the mature ladies who like to welcome sailors that frequented the establishment were dancing on the tables in celebration of her demise. Don't ask which Edinburgh drinking house I was in when Gulf War One fired up..... I can't remember much apart from the poor go-go girl doing her thing whilst everybody was too transfixed on the TV screens of fighter planes to notice. (All these places have now been sanitised and gentrified...is this a good thing? I'm not sure.)
4. Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997
5. Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001
At a different work. I remember not being able to get through to one of the maths teachers what had happened, she kept wittering on about something really trivial.
6. The election of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to the papacy - 19 April 2005
DH told me when I came home from work.
BTW, I hate the taste of alcohol these days and I've seem too much of the damage it does to people.