Friday, 15 August 2008

Someone's turned gravity up...

The contrast between the sublime covenant between God and his creation that is manifest in the Feast of the Assumption, and the crud in our daily life just couldn't be greater. It is as if the gravitational field strength on Earth has increased to Jovian proportions, keeping us well and truly glued to the mundane, the irritating and the soulless.

(1) Banks remove money from your account instantly, why does it take them 4 working days to get funds into your account? What are they doing with the money in the mean time? Could a good Catholic girl's money (or lack of it) be being used to finance drug companies involved in contraception or armament sales or worse.....

(2) You cancel a standing order with an insurance company, they charge you £8 for doing so even though their insurance won't cover your change of circumstance.

(3) You set up a direct debit to pay an insurance company, they charge you £60 for doing this as a direct debit rather than paying in one lump sum. They say it is to cover inflation: running at 13% ?!, go tell it to the marines!!!!

(4) Water rates....don't talk to me about water rates.....

(5)You are moving to another Diocese, just as infatuated as your last with Parish teams and collaborative ministries and committees, crap clip art and "seeking". You just want a parish where the Sacraments are available and reverently ministered, where there may be a chance of Exposition, Benediction and the rosary, where the church has a confessional.....

Your bloghost will be taking a week off whilst the move is under way. No, we have not sold our current house, don't ask how we are funding this....
Love to you all, you remain in my prayers,
Rita
xxx

5 comments:

la mamma said...

But however will you find the Face of Declan in another Diocese? I wish you all the best and sincerely hope you find a decent parish. Mine's excellent, you know, despite being... here. Ticks your boxes, I think you'd find.

ukok said...

I'm howling here over the 'crap clip art' bit! When i became the parish secretary and a catechist, the parish priest handed me a disc of totally 'crap clip art' to use on the bulletin, on the handouts, newsletters and just about everything that was printable...the software was called something like 5,0000 pieces of (crap) religious clip art!

I'm sorry you're having such an awful time of it (especially financially - don't i just know how that feels, and doesn't it just enable me to sympathise with you).

I will of course, continue to pray for you and also for your move.

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

(My lap top is dead so getting to a computer is rare at the mo)
However Rita I am praying hard for you.
I hope God will bless you and help you both make a new life in the new home away from the nasty stuff I get the impression you have faced in your present place.

As for 'crap religious clip art'. Ah yes, I had a disk like that which was ... well...crap.
God bless

Ponte Sisto said...

As always, Rita, you are right in all things!!

With my sincerest love and prayers for you and yours at this time.

Mac McLernon said...

Heheheheheh... I now get all my clip art from trad clip art sites (which have the engravings from the St. Andrews Missal, for example!)

But I shall pray for you during your move. And you never know... you might find a reasonable parish... try praying to St Jude!