Thursday, 3 April 2008

Gosh I'm boring!

Mac, Andrew and La Mamma have both tagged me with the following meme, they'll probably wish they hadn't.

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Probably taking a bunch of adorable, fun-loving scallys (youngsters from Liverpool) on a trip somewhere and hoping they wouldn't retaliate to the sneering "Scouse gits" taunts from those whose parents could afford a private education.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
fig rolls, custard cremes, bombay mix, any "snakki" from Finland (they have the deepfried savoury donut filled with what tastes like haggis and its dead good).

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Cease to be a billionaire as quickly as possible and enjoy giving it away, there's also a Scottish island that I think is owned by the Duke of Argyll that I might put in an offer for (not that it's for sale, but it is my desktop wallpaper and I can dream) and do something madly Catholic there (with the necessary approval).

Five jobs that I have had:
Spittoon emptier, toilet cleaner and potato masher at a hostel for the homeless (loved every minute of it).
Researcher in a dark lab who forgot what the sun looked like.
Support work with people released from prison.
Hoop jumper, target meeter, vomit cleaner, tear dryer, whipping boy and scapegoat at various educational emporia in the UK.

Three of my bad habits:
Cynicism x3

Five places I have lived:
Without giving too much away:
A Lancashire mining town famous for its pies, entertainers and a visit by Eric Blair.
A big city in Scotland that isn't half as nice as Glasgow.
Manchester commuterville.
Manchester's interesting and sadly neglected twin on the other side of the R.Irwell.
The place that everyone drives past and never stops at, unless they're Dutch.


And now I tag YOU, the other 5 who read this blog.

4 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

At least you got round to doing the meme!

Tom in Vegas said...

You are definitely Brit!! LOL! I mean that in a good way, of coarse. When I read the snacks you enjoy (fig rolls, custard cremes) I thought to myself, "If Rita isn't Bit, then she's done her homework." :0)

My brother has visited the UK a million times before. And out of ALL the countries in Europe (his been to all of them) the UK is his favorite.

Rita said...

Tom,

What you see before you is a child of the Empire, the British Empire! I'm a Monarchist, at 4pm everything stops for tea and Summers were invented for cricket.

I know some French Missionary Sisters who followed the British Empire around the globe, even they have been "infected" with Britishness. Even though many have retired from active missionary work, at their convent in deepest France, at 4pm, they sit down to tea and British biscuits.

AutumnRose said...

You are definitely not boring...if that's the case then I must come across as almost dead! LoL!

Your list of jobs is most interesting :)

You have a virtual cup of coffee waiting here: http://iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com/2008/04/08/my-to-do-list/

Cheers!
AR xx