Sunday, 30 March 2008

Divine Mercy

Think of Holman-Hunt's "Light of the World", Christ on the outside waiting for you to let him in.



Now, look at this stunning image of Divine Mercy and meditate on what happens when He is the other side of the door.



Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanabitur anima mea.

Lots to pray for:
Philip and Stephen : "carpe canem"
Sr Mary Martha, lost her father on Easter Sunday
All those of us struggling with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.
All those in need of Divine Mercy.


Deo Gratias

4 comments:

AutumnRose said...

A blessed Feast Day to you, Rita. May the Lord pour out the Divine Mercy of His Compassionate Heart upon you.
AR xx

Tom in Vegas said...

Very nicely stated:0)

Mrs Pea said...

That is my favourite Divine Mercy image - how beautiful. Thank you for introducing me to it. I can understand St Faustina's tears somewhat when I see the most common image available - I just have a complete pull of my heart towards the devotion but the simpering depiction of our Lord just makes it seem so much less...

Rita said...

Mrs Pea,

Thank you for dropping by. I feel much the same as you do about some of the Divine Mercy images....maybe they're meant to be less than icons as Divine Mercy can only be reached through the humble heart alone, none of our senses will help.