Sunday, 24 February 2008

Apology

Blogging may be slightly erratic over coming weeks. I am desperate to find a new job. I have become a member of the awkward squad at my current place of employment and it is not healthy for anyone, especially me!

I am reminded of a story about a musical hero of mine, Don Van Vilet (Captain Beefheart). His first job involved being a door to door sales rep for vacuum cleaners. Filled with "love of his work", all he could bring himself to say when a good lady answered the door to him was (as he pointed to the appliance for sale) "Ma'am, this sucks."

I am in need of your prayers!

St Joseph Pray for Us:
O blessed St Joseph, whose life was passed in toil and prayer, obtain for me the grace, I beseech thee, to sanctify my work by purity of intention, by remembrance of God's presence and by frequent prayer. Remembering thy life of humble toil, may I desire only to imitate thee in the company of Jesus and Mary. Amen.

6 comments:

uncle jim said...

prayers forthcoming

wish you well - we should all land someplace we want to be.

Rita said...

Thanks, Uncle Jim!

Adrienne said...

Job hunting is the pits. My prayers for you.

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Prayers. I too think job hunting is yukky-but not as yukky as being in a yukky job.
God bless

AutumnRose said...

Prayers from me, too xx

Tom in Vegas said...

Prayed and praying for you, Rita! Please, keep us up to date.

Blessings,
Tom