I was attending a baptism today, which was a joyous and appropriate thing to do. Please pray for all those who were baptised today.
It did however remind me of the 101 excuses I've heard regarding procrastination and this sacrament. Please pray for all those who have used the following excuses...
(1) Can't afford to "put on a do" afterwards, so will wait until we can.
(2) I want him to outgrow the Christening gown that my mother-in-law wants him to wear, I want as little to do with his side of the family as possible.
(3) I think we'll get her baptised in the Methodist church, apparently you don't need godparents there, but there's no rush.
(4) Wait until they are old enough to make up their own minds.
(5) His grandmother sprinkled her head with holy water, won't that do?
(6) We'd only be doing it to please the grandparents.....