Thursday, 6 December 2007

Vocation (4)

It seems to me that in heaven my mission will be to draw souls, by helping them to go out of themselves in order to adhere to God by a simple, wholly loving moment and to maintain them in that great inner silence which allows God to imprint Himself on them and transform them into Himself.
Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

Maybe our real missions do lie in heaven. On earth, all is imperfect, fractured and bound by space and time. I am living very much in the world but being very much dead to the temptations and desires of the world. Oh, how I yearn for the cloister sometimes so that I could die still further and fully devote my energies to letting God live in me!

Deep down I am probably a stubborn, willful Carmelite, and not a particularly good one either!

So back to earth with a bump. Please pray for me. I am run ragged and thoroughly disillusioned with my profession. I am the only source of regular income for our household and I really want to give it all up. I curse the day my parents persuaded me to step onto the property ladder, it hangs like a millstone round my neck. Just what am I working for? My trials are "offered up" I can do nothing else, but oh boy, what a meagre offering!

1 comment:

AutumnRose said...

Sweetheart, am praying for you. I too find work difficult at times, and I echo these words with all my heart: "Oh, how I yearn for the cloister sometimes so that I could die still further and fully devote my energies to letting God live in me!"

I have memed you here btw hon:
http://iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/christmas-meme/

Have a wonderful day!
AR xx :)