Friday, 7 December 2007

A Festive Meme

A meme from Autumn Rose.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper and cheap stuff off the market at that!

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. I actually want the magical artificial white/silver Christmas tree our neighbour had when I was small. Her house was very "Abigail's Pary", and I thought it was dead stylish.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Christmas Eve as the local brass band plays carols through the village. Wonderful!

4. When do you take the tree down?
Epiphany, if my husband hasn't fallen over it before then and got a bit grumpy.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I prefer Advocaat, my grandmother used to make her own and it was very good.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The sewing box I still use.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes. My favourite crib scene is the one in a convent I know. They've made and collected all sorts of tiny figures and added them to the adoration. The whole ensemble is covered with tacky flashing coloured fairy lights.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Me, I feel very sorry for my family and friends. I can never think of anything I want unless it is some obscure tome or CD that they can't find and end up giving me the money to buy.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Mum and Dad presented me and my sister each with a small velvet wallet one year when I was about 20 and she was 17. I exclaimed out loud, "Phew, that was lucky, I really thought you'd got us a car!". The pouch contained car keys and the car bedecked with balloons was waiting outside. Luckily, my sister was thrilled even if I couldn't summon up any enthusiasm (what a brat I was, I hear you say!)


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Both.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Muppet Christmas Carol.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I don't plan that well.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not as I can remember.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Well it isn't the turkey. I usually end up craving curry.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
A few coloured lights and lots of lammetta.

16. Favorite Christmas song?
Gaudete- Steeleye Span

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Always off to see the rellies ooop north.

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
No.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Slade

22. Best thing about this time of year?
The Lord Jesus, of course!
Thanks AR!

1 comment:

AutumnRose said...

Thanks for joining in!

Happy Christmas! :¬)