Monday, 31 December 2007

Bye Bye 2007


There are times when I wish I'd taken more notice of biology whilst at school. Physics is great but when has being able to tell a plasmon from a phonon from a soliton ever been of any real use?

Husband still hasn't got over the nasty invasion of his gut by fastbreeding bacteria, a picture of the critters is at the top of this page; know your enemy. The first set of antibiotics were working but didn't quite clear everything up. The bacteria mutated and we were back at square 1. New antibiotics are now being used. We are both shattered and a little fed up waiting to see what happens next. Chez nous will have to be renamed "The house at Poo corner" if this continues any longer. This has been a Christmas holiday neither of us wish to repeat.

It has been a difficult year in many ways, most of which are outside our control. Isn't it ever thus? Increasingly frail and needy elderly, finance, employment, the shocking rise is the price of fuel and food.....these are problems common to many of us.

I just don't know how I would cope if I couldn't say "God is good" and mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Bring on 2008!
Have a very Happy New Year, dear reader, you are in my prayers.

2 comments:

AutumnRose said...

And you and your husband are also in mine!

I pray that 2008 will bring you many blessings, and that you will reap the rewards of the trials you have been through in 2007. My thinking is similar to yours. Last year my health was much compromised, but this year, it is a new chance, a new beginning, even an opportunity for a new kind of suffering, dare I say?

Nothing is wasted if offered up to God upon the altar of our hearts. God bless you very much!

AR xxx

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

A Happy New Year to you both...