Monday, 29 October 2007

Not a good day...

It has not been a good day. I have lost my missal, work was really grotty today and my car broke down on the way home. I can't blame all those on jet lag, but it isn't helping.

So here is a link to picture of something a bit inspiring, mainly to cheer me up. The rederos of the Carmelite church in Antequera (Malaga Provence) Spain. It took my breath away when I first saw it; a Spanish baroque masterpiece in wood, all the Carmelite family are represented right up to Elijah summoned from this earth in his chariot. OK, the convent has long since closed, the church is in a very sorry state (dreadfully damp) and the rederos doesn't look like it has had a dust since Miss Haversham were a wee lass, but it is still mighty impressive.
http://www.diocesismalaga.es/pagina-de-inicio/2014044353/antequera-iglesia-de-santa-maria-el-carmen/

The picture in the hyperlink is also for Archistrategos over at Tamtum Dic Verbo, a fine blogger who claims he has never picked up or even been nominated for blogging award. Well I think he is great, even if occasionally he is a little harsh, he is instructive, funny (the rat incident in particular), and deeply contemplative. In fact I'm giving to give him an "award" for the most baroque blog on the net. It is a very personal reflection of faith, he has an elaborate style and it plays heavenly music: you don't get more baroque than that. Or do any of you know of others in this category?

3 comments:

AutumnRose said...

Hope your day gets better!

You have a blog bouquet here:
http://iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com/2007/10/30/blog-bouquets-and-some-new-blogs/

Take care,
AR xxx

la mamma said...

Must go and visit that blog. First though, I must ask you, who (excluding the BVM and apostles) is your favourite saint? Rita? If so, who is your second favourite?

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Hope for a better day tomorrow! God bless