Monday, 1 October 2007

Bunnies and Wraiths

When I was three years old, I was given a toy rabbit that my father nick-named "Me Me Bunny", because I kept grabbing it and wanting it for myself. I'm suspicious of Memes but if someone wants to know my opinion, I'll write. I'm just not sure I'll pass it on. It's all too chain letter like, not my thing. This one isn't too bad though and I have a great respect for Faccio La Mamma who asked me to do it, and I so don't think I'll be calling for the services of the "Meme Wraith".

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?
I attend Mass in my local parish, I happen to believe this is important, even if the experience can be less than uplifting. My parish is also rather remote. I love the TLM but it is a luxury and a self-indulgence right now for me.




2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
I would have to drive 35 miles for a Low Mass and further for the full works.




3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?
I don't like labels, but the word "loyal" is appropriate.




4. Are you a comment junkie?
No.




5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?
Yes, though mainly to check my spelling, I'm a hopeless speller and I have a tendency towards spoonerisms which can be unfortunate. I'm the world's worst proof reader.




6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?
Never "anonymous", but usually "Rita".


7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?
Fr Ray Blake




8. Which blog is the first one you check?
Fr Ray Blake




9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?
Andrew at Unam Sanctam I know I've seen singing in church but we didn't have these blogging personas then. Similarly, I guess I've seen Mark Cephas Tan (Exsurge Domine)as a holy altar boy in the same marvelous parish. This isn't quite the same as meeting, I know.....




10. What are you reading?
For pleasure:
Henry VI by Betram Wolfe (the monarch fascinates me as much as the author irritates me)
The Stripping of the Altars- Eamonn Duffy (awsome, inspiring and upsetting)
Poetry by Edward Thomas and Louis Macneice is never far away and neither are the Psalms. I also endeavour to read the Mass readings for the day during the week.
For work:
You don't want to know.




Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?
What is it? Is it like the spirit of Christmas, that awful invention of Charles Dickens that completely removed the original meaning from the event to which it referred. I only have one thing to say on the matter: humbug!

3 comments:

faccio la mamma said...

Is that memming, then? Thanks, Rita.

AutumnRose said...

I didn't pass this one on either...some memes are perhaps best left to fizzle out ;¬)

I do like to DO them tho', so thanks to faccio la mamma!

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Ah I see you and I are Fr Ray fans.