Sunday, 5 January 2014

Putting the record straight...

Ollie Bear here..

Happy New Year to you all! I know I have a loyal set of fans and have been sorely remiss in my posting, but as Rita mentioned me yesterday, I feel that I ought to say somehing in my defence.

It is not that I don't like Cyril, though I can't say that any of my best friends are wombats.  It is a cultural thing.  He doesn't join the elder bears in on the sofa bed and never bussies himself with important (thinky) thing that bears do.  He is pratical, cheery and seems to have endless success with finance.  Bank of Bear has suffered terrilbly in the current economic crisis, yet he always comes up smelling of roses, he invests in wombat dung or "square poo" as he calls it, and there seems to be no end of dividends he can reap from the stuff.  I'm not jealous you understand, he just does things differently.

Oh, and then there has been the cricket, dear readers.  Living with an antipodean has been unbearable (pun intended) these last few weeks.  It isn't that he's been gloating, it is the quiet certainty of his manner, his smile and his confidence about his business that makes me want to thump him.

Dear readers, do you know of any retreat centre that will take a tea-drinking, cricket-loving, bow-tie wearing, English bear and calm his shattered nerves.

2 comments:

Part-time Pilgrim said...

Hi Rita

I have also nominated you for the Sunshine Awward but was a bit slower off the mark than Jackie. Please don't think you have to do another post about it.

Part-time Pilgrim

Ollie Bear said...

Thanks P-t P. I'll let her know.